Monday, April 5, 2010

two days down south...


Perhaps it's a good thing, going into a trip with little to no expectations. We planned a 2 day trip (using our 3 day week-end to our advantage), to go south and visit Kaohsiung. I had researched very little, and went into the week-end with an open mind and an excited little heart. To say the least, Kaohsiung was beautiful. It was quiet, well manicured, easy to navigate and sunny! My question at one point was "why would anyone ever want to live in the North?". Seriously.

As we walked along the water and took boats here and there, I really was taken a back by the city's culture. Art everywhere, an overall feeling of romance, and its laid back nature (laid back, as far as Asian cities are concerned!). Kaohsiung, to me, was unlike any big city I've ever visited-- it may even be up there in the ranks with Chicago!

Just an extremely inviting city, in my opinion. Maybe next time I visit, it will be for a little bit longer. Maybe another year, sometime down the road...?

No comments:

Post a Comment