Sunday, January 24, 2010

counting down...

So, here it is. Finally. Preparing for my much anticipated 3 week trip to the Philippines is, as it seems, some indication that I have managed to get through the first semester of school-- almost 5 months of work! I am looking forward to the time I'll get to spend with... myself, on this trip and am truly hoping that I'll get to all of the places that I want to. Speaking (or I suppose, "writing") of which, here's the general plan for my trip (starting on January 26th and ending on February 16th):

1) Palawan (7-10 days): Puerto Princessa, Honda Bay, Sabang (Subterranean River) and Port Barton.
2) The North (3-4 days): 8-10 hour bus ride to Banaue and Sagada; rice terraces and hanging coffins (likely the part of my trip that I am most excited about!).
3) The South (7-10 days): Cebu (City), Bohol (The Chocolate Hills) and beaches!

It may seem ambitious, but I figured I would try to see as much as the country as possible because really, when am I going to have 3 weeks to myself to explore another country again? You only live once.

... consider me excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment