Sunday, June 6, 2010

a couple of palm trees on each side of my cheek...


I was in a Blind Melon kind of mood this morning. I put them on my iPod and walked. As I walked, I thought about my love for the band and my feeling of absolute heartbreak (even as a 10 year old girl), when I learned that Shannon Hoon had died. I remember watching Blind Melon perform on our VHS version of Woodstock '94 over, and over (my brother and I probably watched 'Soup' about a thousand times and memorized every bit of the performance). There is just something so raw about their music; there always will be this "something" for me. I believe Shannon Hoon to be one of the most talented songwriters and original singers to ever have lived, and if I could pick one musician (dead or alive) to spend a day with now, it would be him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man. Memories. Soup at Woodstock 94 is one of the top 10 live performances of all time. Someone put that song on the other night and it still gives me goosebumps. Classic.

    ReplyDelete