Sunday, December 20, 2009

another day, another 'quake.

In case I had forgotten, for a second, where in the world I was living these days, I would say that big time earthquake that happened last night was enough of a reminder. We've had a few little ones here and there, but none that made me feel nauseous (and a bit scared for my life?).

I was only slightly nervous because Beth and I happened to be shopping at the time this was happening, and we also happened to be in an aisle where a LOT of large items could have fallen on our heads had they wanted to. It was... interesting, looking to the top shelves of these aisles to see all of the giant boxes wobbling back and forth. We found comfort, however, in seeing all of the other people going on with their business, as if nothing was happening...

To help paint a better picture(at least of this earthquake's magnitude), we came home to Beth's bathroom ceiling partially collapsed-- but fixable, and the water from our fish tank splashed half way across the living room floor. Luckily, no fish were injured (or humans, as far as I know!).

No comments:

Post a Comment