Sunday, December 13, 2009

'tis the season...


I've heard that it is Winter and almost Christmas elsewhere in the world? Could have fooled me. Last week-end I went downtown to do some Christmas shopping. I felt warm all day and this sign helped me figure out, why, perhaps, I was feeling so hot... in December! It's been silly here; way too nice. These temperatures, however, do not help me get into the Christmas spirit at all, but thankfully there are lots of Christmas lights hanging off of surrounding balconies and people (like the guards at our apartment building, who wear Santa hats) help us to remember what time of year it is! We are also quite proud of our $6 artificial Chritmas tree... proudly displayed in our living room, without lights on it or gifts underneath, but we're getting there. Baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment