Sunday, December 27, 2009

a Hsinchu Christmas!


If I think about the last Christmas that I spent away from home and away from my family, I am taken back to Vietnam. It felt nothing like Christmas where we were but we made calls home from some internet cafe, anyway, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas even though it felt a bit surreal to be saying those words to anyone when it was surely 40 degrees outside without any Christmas music or movies to accompany the festive season.

Aside from the blow-up snowmen we had seen the day before, the real feeling of Christmas was just not quite in the air in Vietnam. This time around, however, it has felt a bit more Christmas-y; lights strewn all around our neighbourhood, our school's winter performance on Christmas eve, wine, mamosas, soju (!), food, friends, dancing, presents under the Christmas tree, Home Alone and lots of christmas music, of course! It truly has been a great Christmas, despite being away from home, I was incredibly lucky to spend Christmas the way that I did.

Here is a picture of my students performing "If All The Raindrops". They were adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment