Wednesday, September 9, 2009

settling in...

So, I have been in Taiwan for almost 3 weeks now. My said feelings from my first entry have not changed! Hsinchu continues to be a beautiful and safe place to be. Not to mention, I have started to meet some wonderful people who have made this transistion much easier! There doesn't seem to be a lot going on in this city, but I suppose I will need to have some money in order to explore anyways. So I am fine, for now, with laying low and enjoying what is close enough by walking (this includes such fine things as an OK Mart, similar to 7-11 and our school). This is literally all there seems to be up on the mountain. Apparently they are going to get a shuttle bus going from here to Costco soon, though! Exciting.

I am half way in to my 2nd week of teaching and things are great. I really couldn't ask for a better school to be working at. I am teaching a 2nd Grade class (but it's more like a 1/2 class with all of the different levels of learning). I certainly can't complain though. What with only four students, I figure this will be a good crash course for next year before I get into the 20+ students per classroom back home!

I am really loving it here. It hasn't even gotten close to being a comfortable temperature here, but besides that, no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment