Wednesday, September 23, 2009

zombies with accents.

I just finished watching 'Shaun of the Dead' for the 1000th time. This movie never gets old for me. Never! There is just something about a bunch of Brits running around smashing and bashing zombie's heads in with shovels and paddles. What more could you ask for in a film, really?

Favourite scene? While the group of those not yet zombified seek shelter in the Winchester, they put Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' on the jukebox and then proceed to smash and bash in sync with this amazing song. Perhaps now it's safe to say you really couldn't ask for more in a film... in my opinion!

To me, this movie (and Ricky Gervais) prove to me that the Brits really know best when it comes to most aspects of popular culture.

Although I am apparently a huge fan of zombies and British pop culture, I am pretty confident that if you don't consider yourself a fan of either of these things, you will still find some sort of pleasure in watching this movie. If you haven't seen it, you should. If you hate it, I am too far away from most of you for you to be mad or hold my suggestion against me. So, I really have nothing to lose here!

A fabulous movie. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment