Monday, October 26, 2009

away we go.

I had to watch this movie twice to really appreciate it, and not because I didn't realize how well done it was the first time around but I can't say I have ever seen a movie like this one.

Uncomplicated; about two people, just trying to figure out where they belong and what they are going to do when they get there. Perhaps a bit reminiscent of Garden State, in the way that the characters just seem to be realizing that life is happening to them whether they like it or not. There's no so-called climax. The characters are seemingly normal and their lives are far from rivetting.

Overall, a really well executed film. Not to be challenged, in my opinion, for many reasons-- namely the people behind the film, Mendes and Eggers. Not to mention, the soundtrack, my "boyfriend"...

Simply put, just some darn good filmmaking.

1 comment:

  1. Emmers
    I absolutely LOVED this film also.. i remember seeing a trailer for it in the summer back home when I saw that your 'boyfriend' (I'll take your sloppy seconds haha) did the entire soundtrack, picked up a bootlegged asian copy, as we do in the land of $3 DVD'S and fell in love . . . the most 'real' story of life ive seen in a while!!

    ReplyDelete