Tuesday, October 13, 2009

my kind of field trip!

Today, the majority of HAS went on a field trip to the Taipei Fine Arts Museum. If it wasn't enough to just be going to an Art Museum in itself, we were going to visit the Pixar: 20 Years of Animation Exhibit! To me, "Pixar" means some of the best: Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Ratatouille, Wall.E and Up! (yes, I actually enjoy these movies-- keep in mind, I teach Gr.2 and have a couple of pretty awesome little dudes at home whom I have to keep up with, and stay 'cool' for).



The exhibit was quite neat. It was laid out in a way that showed viewers how Pixar films are created-- from the very start (an idea) to the finished product (moving pictures with sound, essentially). In doing this, there could be no denying that the entire process of 3D animation truly is a form of artistic creation and expression. It was amazing to see all of the steps involved in making these films. After seeing this exhibit, I definitely have a greater appreciation for these "silly kid's movies"!

Overall, it was a really interesting and fun day (at times, exhausting!). I wish I could have taken more pictures, but alas, Art Museums can be stingy about that kind of stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment