Sunday, October 4, 2009

sunday afternoon: my train of thought.

Simply put, this is the pop culture geek coming out in me. I guess I owe it to myself to enjoy pop culture since I paid a lot of money to have an "education" in the silly stuff!

Here goes my Sunday train of thought...

I am a sucker for celebrity gossip and I am not ashamed to admit it. I always justified this to my Dad by saying "I studied this stuff, I need to buy this magazine to analyze it!". Right. Today, I was reading that Michelle Williams is going to marry Spike Jonze. Once I heard Spike Jonze's name, I thought "Where the Wild Things Are!!!!!!". I remember hearing that Where the Wild Things Are was supposed to be coming out in October some time. I also remember being so, so, so excited about this and hoping that I'd remember to check when/if it would come to Taiwan while I was here. Well, it's October now and for some reason, today, I remembered all of this remembering that I had tried to remember. Ha. So, in case you're interested to know, this film is coming to Taiwan on October 16th-- the same date as in the US. Once this was determined and marked in my calendar, my mind then went on to think "oh, Dave Eggers. What a guy. He did the screenplay for this movie. He reminds me of Korea. And Korea reminds me of reading this really great book called The Road. Oh, wait! That book was also being made into a film! I should look into that. Yes! It comes out soon, too!".

The point of this whole post is to share with anyone who may be interested, three trailers from movies I KNOW I won't be missing. The third one, well, if you have read my previous ramblings you will know why I am thrilled about seeing it (brilliant!)

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsZXKLtDb-k
2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgszfXTAY (read the book!)
3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cIjPOJdFM

No comments:

Post a Comment