Thursday, October 29, 2009

a touchy subject.

I have yet to see Where the Wild Things Are and I am pretty unhappy about the situation. The girls in my film class tell me they have looked and it MAY be coming to Taipei in November (good thing November is just around the corner... wow, really?).

Anyway, in the meantime, I have gotten myself well acquainted with the soundtrack-- this should not come as a surprise to my dedicated readers! Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs), is responsible for the entire album, and knowing this I felt excited/hesitant at the same time. Especially knowing that the movie is considerably 'dark', I was wondering what Karen O, or any artist for that matter, would have to bring to the table for a 14 song movie soundtrack.

With all this being said, the songs are brilliant. The kids chanting along on almost every track is way too cute (put this on the list of things that make me well suited to be an elementary school teacher!). I am adding links for a couple of songs (no actual videos, so you can load it and just listen), but really, the entire album is so good. When listening to it the whole way through, you can grasp the general mood and direction of the film itself. And, for people like ME who have yet to see the film... I will take what I can get!

Track 2- 'All is Love' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Jy1F7XR9Y&feature=related
Track 4- 'Worried Shoes' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQMcA0Q4T6c
Track 5- 'Rumpus' (this one reminds me of the Go! Team) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Jy1F7XR9Y&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're really killing yourself over this movie. Word of advise; Don't expect too much. Mel and I both liked it but it wasn't the greatest. The soundtrack is fantastic though. I'd actually say the music made the movie 100% better. So don't go crazy over not seeing it yet. You're not missing out on anything groundbreaking. Just a dark, mildly depressing children's tale. FUN!! Oh yeah, I'm sure you've already listened to Passion Pit's album "Manners" but if you haven't, pick it up. There are a few tunes they do with a children's choir. Joy!!!
    Loves ya,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete