Sunday, November 1, 2009

halloween in hsinchu!

Now that Halloween is over for another year, I can look at my costume, and the evening, in retrospect and try to figure out "would I be a robot again?". The answer would be, yes. BUT, although it was a pretty sweet costume and for about 10 minutes at the party we went to we were treated like celebrities, I would say, being in a box made it sort of difficult to do the things you take for granted on a daily basis.

It seemed as though no matter how big I cut my arm holes, it was still quite difficult to drink/eat, take pictures, bend down and most importantly, be self aware of your size and shape. Although this had its' perks, too. You could run into people (by accident, of course!), and they just simply could not be angry with you when they looked over to see a robot. Who gets mad at robots? No one.

Having to scrub silver paint off of my body the next day, and finding bruises and scrapes on the left side of my body would indicate to me that it was a successful evening. It was good we went home when we did, though!
Thank you, Beth. Good decision!

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Guess who is? It's us Ms. Arnold!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ms. Arnold!!! interesting blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh I hate this anonymous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've figured it out... I'll ask in my Film class!

    ReplyDelete