Sunday, November 8, 2009

30 degrees? in November?


This past week-end, it hit me (as it does from time to time), that I am not living in Canada anymore BUT in subtropical, beautiful Taiwan. We guessed it was about 25 degrees, but soon found out from a neon sign that it was, in fact, 30 degrees. Wild. It IS November, right?

This week-end was fabulous because:
a) Beth and I drank wine, talked about life and watched a Justin Timberlake DVD.
b) Beth and I, later, met some really nice Germans!
c) I found my way home (by myself!), maybe for the first time? Yes, Miss Independent. ha.
d) Austin took me on his scooter and I shopped on my
own for the first time! I think I did pretty well, but certainly realized the value of having company around while shopping. I also realized I don't want to die here, so I will continue to take rides with Austin. Being the passenger is too much fun anyway!
e) We went bowling! And in Taiwan, as opposed to Korea, you can have a few drinks while playing (the 2 should almost always go hand in hand, in my opinion!). I got a few strikes, too! So, overall a really fun night.
f) We spent the day today, in a little town by the coast called Danshui. We took some free shuttle buses, some trains, some more buses and another train to get there. It was sunny all day and we were by the water, for a change, so it was wonderful!

....only 5 more days until next week-end.




No comments:

Post a Comment