Monday, November 9, 2009

too cute!

Sometimes, my students are just way too darned cute. Today, I was working with one of my students while the other two boys worked on a writing assignment. They weren't meant to be working together, but one of the boys really understood when I said I'd be busy working with the other student, so he took it upon himself to help out. I noticed what was going on out of the corner of my eye and had to smile. One of my boys was making sure that the other was skipping every line in his notebook, even helping to erase and start a new. He also suggested to the boy (who had been sick all last week), that he should really stop "working" and take a drink of water, which he did so obediently.

If you're reading this, you may be wondering 'why on earth is she taking time to write about such uneventful things!'. To those people, I should readdress my main reason for being in Taiwan in the first place (despite the fact that most of my blog has been devoted to pop culture ramblings and week-end fun updates!). I am a teacher and I love teaching. Some days are better than others and with each day that seems to be complete shit, you just have to nut up (to put it eloquently), and realize that no one is perfect, especially first year teachers. Other days are gems and you have to take these days and really save 'em up in your memory for a later, and bound-to-happen shit day, if you will. Today was a gem, which is why I had to write.

Currently listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A7OruAFESw (way, way, way too catchy!).

Sidenote: Not sure what I think of the album, as a whole, quite yet--but this song is a-okay. If nothing else, a good one to dance around in your living room to! (that never happens in our apartment... never!). ha.

1 comment:

  1. haha...just checkin up on the fellow bloggers of the world. I agree with you about some days being just shit. This morning Bernie threw up in his mask and then, for God only knows what reason, decided to take it off and sling vomit everywhere. Love the weezer song by the way....i love brian bell as the gas station attendant....classic

    ReplyDelete