Sunday, November 29, 2009

a first...

I got to experience my very first "American" Thanksgiving, and what better place to do so than in Taiwan! Now that the week-end is over and the eating has come to a hault, I can say that my first American Thanksgiving was very similar to the Canadian Thanksgivings that I have celebrated in the past.


On a related note, at the second Thanksgiving meal that I attended, we were asked to write something that we were thankful for. I decided to take a less serious route and write: "I am thankful to be swine-flu free, naturally". H1N1 is all of the rage in Taiwan right now, which is also why earlier in the day we were forced to wear these masks as we volunteered at an event with our school. They are just not fun to wear in any way (but we certainly did a good job faking it for a picture!).


No comments:

Post a Comment